Agitation is one of the hidden values all slimes have which determines which standard facial expression slimes assume in relation to their agitation and hunger values, and is the primary trigger for how often their negative behaviors occur.
Agitation naturally decays along with a slime's hunger, and not feeding them causes them to get agitated more quickly, but there are outside modifiers which can affect the rate of agitation in various ways;
Feedingfood is twice as effective at restoring it to a happy state. However, it can only eat when it is hungry. Feeding a slime will reduce its agitation by 15% (30% if favored).
WaterWater is not only capable of negating negative behaviors for 20 seconds, but it can also reduce agitation slightly to prevent them from happening once the 20-second cooldown wears off.
The Music Box is an upgrade to the Corral which reduces all agitation growth significantly.
Slime ToysSlime Toys are purchasable items unlocked through the 7Zee Rewards Club which helps reduce the natural rate of agitation growth. Slime Toys do not stack their effects but do stack with a Music Box. A slime's favorite toy will be twice as effective.
Tangle Slime PollenTangle Slimes can produce pollen when heavily agitated which agitates nearby slimes. Tangle Slimes are immune to this effect.
Fire Slime ContactFire Slimes are able to cause a severe boost in agitation on contact with another slime if on fire.
Fire Slimes are immune to this effect.
Certain slimes have negative behaviors which are performed much more frequently or made apparent once they reach a certain agitation state. Many of these behaviors can be suppressed for 20 seconds by splashing the slime with Water or Ancient Water. This includes:
- Boom Slimes explode more often. (1 second less time between actions at 100%)
- Hunter Slime Largos can go feral. (99.99% or greater)
- Mosaic Slime glints can be produced more frequently.(1 second less time between actions at 100%)
- Dervish Slimes will produce tornados. (95% or greater)
- Tangle Slimes produce pollen which causes nearby slimes to sneeze, agitating them.
- Quantum Slimes will change places with one of their illusionary clones, and produce them at a faster rate. (20 second delay at 0%, 5 seconds at 100%)
- Crystal Slimes will produce crystals more frequently. (1 second less time between actions at 100%)
- Rock Slimes will roll more often. (1 second less time between actions at 100%)
- Despite being a rare slime and despawning once noticing the player, Gold Slimes can become agitated from hunger.