Boom Slimes are often heard before they're seen. The slime cells of a boom slime are constantly vibrating, causing their slime to increasingly crackle with energy before ultimately exploding. However, the boom slime always comes out unscathed, though always a little dazed.
Boom slimes are constantly building toward an inevitable explosion, making them quite hazardous to ranchers. In addition to those explosions causing bodily harm, they also have the capacity to send all nearby slimes flying into the air, making them a hard slime to corral. To prevent them from exploding as often in corrals, you can purchase a music box to calm them down.
Highly volatile boom plorts have all sorts of applications, including powering rocket thrusters and demolitions. Military organizations value their highly destructive capabilities for "medical technology and other research". Imagine that!
- The Boom Slime's appearence indicates how close the slime is to exploding. Soon after it explodes, its cracks are not visible and becomes a dull red. It regains its bright red coloration soon after, and the veins become more pronounced and its core becomes more fiery over time, indicating another imminent explosion.
- Water and Ancient Water may be used to temporarily halt explosions for 30 seconds.
- Well fed Boom Slimes take up to three times longer to explode compared to starved slimes.
- Due to the difficulty of breeding Hens in large amounts, it is recommended to turn a Boom Slime into a Fruit or Veggie-eating Largo.
- Purchasing a Music Box can help reduce their rate of agitation, and by extension reduce how often they explode.
- Throwing a Boom Largo of any type in the air as it explodes unlocks the Fireworks Achievement.
- 1.1.1 - Fixed bug where Boom Slimes could sometimes become lethargic and stop most types of activities, including booming.
- 0.4.0b - Fixed a bug where audio for boom slime explode warmup was absent.
- 0.3.3 - Fixed a bug causing their explosions to be strong enough to blow smaller objects like food and Plorts through a corral.
- 0.3.0 - Visual improvement of their explosions; They now also spawn in the Indigo Quarry.
- 0.2.5 - Fixed a bug where audio for boom slime explode warmup ignored volume settings.
- 0.2.4 - Adjusted timing of their explosions.
- Before 0.2.0 - Added.
- Boom Slimes may be based off of Blast Cubes from Nick's previous game, Spiral Knights.
- Despite appearing similar to the Fire Slime, Boom Slimes are susceptable to getting incinerated by the Incinerator.
- Boom Slimes are the only slimes whose Wild Gordo is in a zone that the slime doesn't normally inhabit; The Ancient Ruins.
- Boom Slimes cannot be found naturally as a pure slime in any place where Quantum Slimes spawn.