|This section or article needs images.|
Reason: Gallery needs sorting out.
You can discuss this in the article comments or this page to improve it.
Believed to be a cousin of the rock slime, the crystal slime is covered in a crown of shimmering, crystal spikes. These spikes seem to form from the crystal slime generating a tremendous amount of internal heat and warping the minerals around them; a truly alien behavior.
The sharp crystals adorned on the crystal slime's crown will cause a great deal of harm if touched. Worse still, the crystal slime routinely creates large patches of dangerous crystals in the environment around them. Thought to be a means of expelling internal heat, these crystal patches are ultra-hot and can be shattered if splashed with water.
Though the crystals produced by a crystal slime are highly unstable, a crystal plort, like all plorts, is far more pure and can be used by slime scientists to engineer a variety of metals that are entirely transparent. This innovation has lead to metropolitan areas on Earth completely transforming visually, allowing more light to reach the streets and the space as a whole a chance to 'breathe.' Architects often describe these transparent metals as 'so totally cooler than normal, boring metals'.
- Be very wary of corralled Crystal Slimes. Their crystal hazards can easily cover the entire corral floor which can deal frequent heavy damage when walking over it, and the slimes themselves damage you on contact; both of which can make short work of your health even when upgraded. Because of this, they are one of the most dangerous slimes on the ranch. If you can afford one, try to buy a Plort collector upgrade as soon as possible.
- If however, you cannot afford one, their crystals can be broken with water, splashing the slimes prevents them from making more for 20 seconds, though they can still harm on contact.
- 0.3.6 - Added into the game.
- Crystal Slimes and their formation of crystals through their internal heat may reference glass-like crystals formed through volcanic activity. The stated behavior of doing so to expel heat may also be based on the concept of heat sinking.
- The Crystal Slime is the third slime that is a relative to another slime, with it being related to the Rock Slime. The first two are the Lucky Slime and the Hunter Slime being related to the Tabby Slime. While the fourth is the Saber Slime being the ancestor of all existing feline Slimes.