Dervish Slimes are purple slimes found exclusively in The Glass Desert and are one of the first slimes Beatrix will encounter there. They appear infrequently around the area along with Rock Slimes until Oases are restored. Though they appear slightly less frequently all across the desert.
A dervish slime is a swirling, whirling bundle of energy in slimy form. Dervish slimes are commonly found in the Glass Desert, cruising across its dusty dunes at high speed atop little whirlwinds.
One thing is for certain: wherever the dervish slime needs to go, it gets there in a hurry.
Dervish slimes can cause total chaos on a ranch if not cared for properly. In addition to frequently riding atop whirlwinds at high speed and collecting objects along the way, a highly agitated dervish slime can produce giant cyclones of air that vacuum up and toss about anything they touch.
When cyclones are roaring across your ranch there's little you can do other than brace for the chaos that will soon follow!
Dervish plorts are a fantastic source of clean energy that helps give turbines and generators an extra boost. They are in constant demand as curiously, there is a finite number of spins stored in every dervish plort.
- The Dervish Slime's theme of spinning is a reference to the Whirling Dervishes.
- Because of their rings, players and even the developers jokingly give them planet-related names.
- Dervish Slimes that spawn outside of an oasis are always agitated, and can create cyclones.
- 0.6.0d - Fixed bug where sound would sometimes cut out after too much time around Dervish Slimes.
- 0.6.0 - Implemented with The Glass Desert update.