Echoes appear regularly in the nooks and crannies of the Ancient Ruins, as well as from Extractors.
On the Ranch:
Echoes can be used as decorations. Simply vac them up and shoot them anywhere you want. They'll hover in that spot until you vac them up. - Slimepedia
There are four colors of echoes:
By shooting 2 or more echoes at the same point, the colors will mix. The echoes will remain separate items, however. Here is a table of mixing two colors with each other:
When adding more echoes, it is possible to get more colors than listed here, but each additional echo will change the color less.
By mixing more echoes together the color also becomes more intense, since each individual echo will cover slightly different points at a time.
- Since Echoes don't despawn and float in place when shot out of the vacpack, the only way to get rid of them is to shoot them into an Incinerator or the Slime Sea.
- Players can make use of this mechanic to form bread crumb trails while navigating areas such as the glass desert.
- Too many Echoes in one location will slightly slow your game down.
- Echoes can be found in certain locations, or more random ones. An example is on top of a non-plort slime statue.
- 1.2.1 - Silos and warp depots now accept ornaments and echoes.
- 0.5.0 - Implemented.
- In the update trailer of The Ancient Ruins, red echoes were used to mimic the title of Slime Rancher.