Feral slimes are largos with a mean streak that will attack a rancher on sight. It's not known what exactly causes a largo to become so grumpy that it goes feral, but it's suspected that they've simply gone too long without a bite to eat. Like so many things with slimes, food is everything.
If a feral slime eats, it will revert to a normal largo.
Feral slimes can pose a serious risk to ranchers if they're not dealt with quickly, or avoided altogether. Feral slimes will attempt to bite ranchers at close range or jump in the air and try to stomp them with their... butts? In any case, a rancher needs to act fast and feed the feral slime something tasty to avoid such troubles.
Feeding a feral slime not only calms it down, but also produces plorts in the same manner as a largo. Though, there are certainly easier ways out there to acquire plorts!
- Pink Rocks - In the canyon that leads to the Sandy Area and in a path behind a Slime door that leads to the area with the Mosaic Slime statue puzzle in the Glass Desert. (Replaces the Boom Rock Largos during the day)
- Pink Phosphors - On the island near the first Tabby Gordo (only at night) and in the cave that leads to the Indigo Quarry.
- Pink Booms - In a cave on the way to another section of the Moss Blanket with flowers.
- Pink Rads - In the area with cliffs after the broken bridge in the Indigo Quarry at day.
- Boom Rads - In the area with cliffs after the broken bridge in the Indigo Quarry at night.
- Boom Rocks - In a path behind a Slime door that leads to the area with the Mosaic Slime statue puzzle in the Glass Desert. (Replaces the Pink Rock Largos at night)
- Rock Tabbies - In the area accessed with going through little islands near the Grotto's teleporter that has a blue Treasure Pod.
- Honey Hunters and Boom Hunters - In a whole section dedicated to them in the Moss Blanket.
- Hunter Largos - Possibly everywhere, when a hunter slime eats other slime's plort, or when other slimes eat a hunter slime's plort.
- You can easily recognise them by their angry faces, red eyes and flashing indicators.
- When encountering them, it's good to have a food item with you, so you can calm them down.
- Having Meat guarantees calming any feral slime currently.
- A Rock Feral can also intentionally spike you, so be wary!
- If you don't have any food on you, the best option is to just sprint out of the area, towards your destination. Ferals are fast, but any rancher can outrun them... if you have enough Energy.
- Phosphor Ferals on the island (by the first Tabby Gordo) only appear at night, so you can freely, without any danger, go through it at day.
- Though the Feral Slime pop up when first finding some shows a Feral Pink Tabby Largo, there is no Feral version of Pink Tabby Largos implemented into the game yet.
- The Pulse Wave is a nice method to keep Ferals away while you switch slots.
- Hunter Ferals can be created possibly everywhere as they are a result of making a Hunter Largo, so watch out for that!
- Most naturally spawning Feral Slimes are pink and another slime mixed together, so you can feed them anything to calm them down.
- If you're going to ranch hunter largos, try mixing slimes with non meat diets together with hunter slimes, as fruits and veggies are easier to find than meat, so if they get feral you can calm them down easily.
- If your ranching the Hunter Largos or want to traverse a Feral area, taming bells will work good with your needs, being able to calm ferals.
- As a last resort, you may feed a feral slime a Plort it doesn't produce to create a Tarr and evade them while they're busy running from it.
- Currently the only slimes that have no naturally-occuring feral counterpart are the Crystal and Quantum Slimes.
- 0.6.0: More Pink Rock and Boom Rock Ferals have been added.
- 0.4.0: Rock Tabby, Boom Hunter and Honey Hunter Ferals have been added. Also, now only the Crystal and Quantum Slimes have no feral counterparts (not counting the hunter largos).
- 0.3.5: Now a Hunter Feral can be made by creating a Hunter Largo; Feral Slimes will stay feral after reloading the game.
- 0.3.3: They no longer produce normal slime sounds.
- 0.3.2: Slimepedia Entry added.
- 0.3.1: Grumpier, angrier redesign with addition of a stomp attack; They no longer chase you after being calmed.
- 0.3.0: More Feral Slimes were added into the game.
- Before 0.2.0: Added.