Fire Slimes are slimes that are made during Solar Anomalies in The Glass Desert, and in certain parts of The Glass Desert. If they are left out for a certain amount of time on land, like the Puddle Slime, they will disappear.
Fire slimes are a rare breed of slime that lives on ash. Fire slimes will eat just about any food, but not without it being burned into ash first. The only way to feed a fire slime is to use an incinerator with an ash trough upgrade.
Fire slimes need ash to survive and will quickly snuff out if left on any other surface for too long. When keeping fire slimes in an ash trough, simply burn any food item to produce some ash and fill the trough.
A fire slime's naturally burning state makes them bad companions for other slimes as their fiery touch will send a slime flying. Additionally, fire slimes and their plorts need to be kept in an ash trough under an incinerator or they'll quickly snuff out. If you need to deal with fire slimes directly, a splash of fresh water will put out their fires for a short while.
Fire plorts are used in the developing world on Earth to keep stoves and fireplaces burning. Thanks to fire plorts, warm hands and hot food is a possibility for millions of people who otherwise would not have access to such luxuries. A rancher won't get rich selling fire plorts, and certainly managing them can be a dangerous endeavor, but they should know that the sale of each helps those in need. Now and far into the future, the little noble actions of every individual help us move forward as a people. That much will never change.
(As of version 0.6.0)
- Unlike their Puddle counterparts, Fire Slimes do not have a hard limit of how many can be in the same Ash Trough. As such, you can keep as many fire slimes in them as you wish, provided you remember to feed them by burning food to refill their ash.
- While water will extinguish the fire from the fire slimes, it will also extinguish the fire plorts, causing them to burst instantly. As such, it is recommended to simply take the risk of getting burned when vaccing up Fire Plorts.
- They can be found when a fire storm isn't occurring, in a canyon-like area, which is also one of the only places where Prickle Pear trees and Mosaic Slimes can be found before restoring your first oasis.
- It's between the Mosaic Gordo and where the Mosaic Slime statues are. And it's noticably deeper than the surrounding land, so it's easy enough to find. The Mosaic Slimes spawn in the plateu, located on the canyon, and the Fire Slimes spawn on the walls of the canyon, not out of the ground like usual slimes.
- Fire Slimes are immune to the Incinerator.
- Fire Slimes can not survive under normal conditions anywhere in the Far, Far Range as there is no naturally occuring ash.
- Like Puddle Slimes they don't have any corresponding Gordo, nor can they make any Largo Slimes since their plorts are inedible.
- This applies to the Gold Slime as well.
- Other Slimes do not turn into Fire Slimes when shot into a Fire Storm eruption; they will simply vanish if shot into it. Otherwise, they're simply agitated.
- Besides being sent flying, other slimes that touch a Fire Slime recieve an immediate agitation spike that can make a recently-fully-fed Hunter Largo turn feral in two hits.
- 0.6.0: Fire Slimes have been added and are spawned during Solar Anomalies.
- 0.6.0a: Now spawn more frequently