|“||Ever hear of gilded ginger? It’s a mythical veggie that is said to be the favorite food of the equally mythical gold slime. But some say that neither of them actually exist!||”|
— Ogden mentioning the Gold Slime and the Gilded Ginger from his Starmail.
The Gilded Ginger is a very rare Veggie that is found exclusively in The Glass Desert, though only two will appear a day. When in the ground, it will produce a glimmering sound which makes it easier to detect. It is the favored food of Gold Slimes and can be used on a Gordo Snare to attract a Gold Gordo, which cannot otherwise be encountered.
Curiously, gilded ginger cannot be replicated in a garden as its unusual biological properties prohibit it. However, there is perhaps another use for it...
On the Ranch:
Said to be the holy grail of veggies, gilded ginger can very rarely be found growing in the Glass Desert. It is the only known food that a gold slime will eat, and the few that have seen it claim that doing so will greatly reward the lucky rancher.
- Two new Gilded Gingers spawn in any of the 74 locations at 5:00am every day, and if the previous day's Gingers weren't collected they will uproot automatically and decay soon after if not eaten by a slime. A Gilded Ginger will never spawn in a location near Beatrix, and spawns fully mature.
- To maximise chances of finding a Gilded Ginger, it is best to set up a series of teleporters near spawn locations or use teleporters to get to harder to reach places with Ginger locations, such as behind the Mosaic Gordo. Setting up a clear route and starting the hunt at 5am will help increase chances of finding that day's Ginger. Additionally, it may be wise to place Echoes on Ginger spawn points.
- Feeding a Gold Slime a Gilded Ginger always produces five Gold Plorts. Golden Sureshot will not work on a Gold Slime if fed a Gilded Ginger.
- A Gilded Ginger used on a Novice and Advanced Gordo Snare does not guarantee a Gold Gordo; they have the same probability as other Foods to attract other Gordos instead. For best results, use a Master Gordo Snare.
- 1.3.2 - Gilded Gingers now appear in two locations daily and, if you listen closely, are easier to locate. Happy hunting!
- 1.2.0 - Gilded Gingers are now awarded on successful trades at the Range Exchange while playing Rush Mode.
- 1.1.0 - Fixed bug where the hat trick achievement was not awarded when gilded ginger was eaten by a gold slime.
- 1.0.1 - Added.
- The Gilded Ginger's name may be a reference to the Ginger Gold apple variety, which are generally yellow in coloration. It may draw some inspiration from edible gold leaf, which is often used as a garnish in luxury culinary uses, which may account for the ginger's rarity. Physically, it is a ginger plant and root with a clean gold finish, giving it the appearence of having been treated with food color spray, similarly to the Silver Parsnip.
- Before its release, the roadmap entry for the Gilded Ginger stated:
Gilded ginger can very rarely be found growing in the Glass Desert. It can be used to gain additional gold plorts from a gold slime in the wild or used on [REDACTED].
|Map||World Map • Map Data Nodes|
|Collectables||Gilded Ginger (Locations) • The Ranch Treasure Pods|