|This section or article is incomplete.|
Reason: Is Gilded Ginger affected by Miracle Mix and if so, how long does it take to decay?
You can discuss this in the article comments or this page to improve it.
|“||Ever hear of gilded ginger? It’s a mythical veggie that is said to be the favorite food of the equally mythical gold slime. But some say that neither of them actually exist!||”|
— Ogden mentioning the Gold Slime and the Gilded Ginger from his Starmail.
The Gilded Ginger is a very rare Veggie that is found exclusively in The Glass Desert, though only one will appear a day. It is the favored food of Gold Slimes and can be used on a Gordo Snare to attract a Gold Gordo.
Curiously, gilded ginger cannot be replicated in a garden as its unusual biological properties prohibit it. However, there is perhaps another use for it...
On the Ranch:
Said to be the holy grail of veggies, gilded ginger can very rarely be found growing in the Glass Desert. It is the only known food that a gold slime will eat, and the few that have seen it claim that doing so will greatly reward the lucky rancher.
- Only one Gilded Ginger grows in the Glass Desert at any given time, the location of which changes daily.
- A Gilded Ginger spawns at 5:00am every day, and if the previous day's Ginger wasn't collected it will uproot automatically and decay within 12 hours after uprooting.
- A gilded ginger will never spawn in a location near Beatrix, and spawns fully mature.
- Feeding a Gold Slime a Gilded Ginger always produces five Gold Plorts. Golden Sureshot will not work on a Gold Slime if fed a Gilded Ginger
- A Gilded Ginger used on a Novice and Advanced Gordo Snare does not guarantee a Gold Gordo; they have the same probability as other Foods to attract other Gordos instead. For best results, use a Master Gordo Snare.
- Gilded Gingers spawn in multiple confirmed locations; to maximise your harvest of Gilded Gingers, set up a series of teleporters near spawn locations or use teleporters to get to harder to reach places with Ginger locations (such as behind the Mosaic Gordo). Setting up a clear route and starting the hunt at midnight will help increase your chances of finding that day's Ginger.
- 1.1.0 - Fixed bug where the hat trick achievement was not awarded when gilded ginger was eaten by a gold slime.
- 1.0.1 - Added.
- Before its release, the roadmap entry for the Gilded Ginger stated:
Gilded ginger can very rarely be found growing in the Glass Desert. It can be used to gain additional gold plorts from a gold slime in the wild or used on [REDACTED].
- The Gilded Ginger's name may be a reference to the Ginger Gold apple variety, which are generally yellow in coloration. The plant itself is based on the ginger plant and root.