|“||Ever hear of gilded ginger? It’s a mythical veggie that is said to be the favorite food of the equally mythical gold slime. But some say that neither of them actually exist!||”|
— Ogden mentioning the Gold Slime and the Gilded Ginger from his Starmail.
The Gilded Ginger is a very rare Veggie that is found exclusively in The Glass Desert, though only one will appear a day. It is the favoured food of Gold Slimes and can be used on a Gordo Snare to attract a Gold Gordo. It is unique among Food items in that it cannot be grown in a Garden.
Curiously, gilded ginger cannot be replicated in a garden as its unusual biological properties prohibit it. However, there is perhaps another use for it...
On the Ranch:
Said to be the holy grail of veggies, gilded ginger can very rarely be found growing in the Glass Desert. It is the only known food that a gold slime will eat, and the few that have seen it claim that doing so will greatly reward the lucky rancher.
Main article: Gilded Ginger/Locations
- Only one Gilded Ginger is growing at any given time. That location changes daily. There are special locations throughout The Glass Desert where they may grow.
- Feeding a gold slime a gilded ginger produces five gold plorts. It'll still run away from you should you approach it, however.
- This will not award the Hat Trick achievement because the way the plorts are spawned.
- Gilded Gingers decay in only 12 hours, compared to other Foods which decay in 36.
- A Gilded Ginger used on a Novice and Advanced Gordo Snare does not guarantee a Gold Gordo; they have the same probability as other Foods to attract other Gordos instead. For best results, use a Master Gordo Snare.
- 1.0.1 - Added.
- Before its release, the roadmap entry for the Gilded Ginger stated:
Gilded ginger can very rarely be found growing in the Glass Desert. It can be used to gain additional gold plorts from a gold slime in the wild or used on [REDACTED]