The most exclusive and sought after of all slime species is easily the Gold Slime. Very little is known about these slippery creatures as they have proven impossible to capture. Gold Slimes are quick as a flash and will immediately begin to flee ranchers on sight. If a rancher is to profit from an encounter with a Gold Slime, they need to think quick.
Gold Slimes produce no direct risks to a rancher but their appearance often induces panic and leads to (sometimes fatal) mistakes. Further, the only way to obtain gold plorts is to strike a Gold Slime with any spare resources in your vac. Doing so can produce a gold plort, though it also leaves a trail of additional resources in the area, leading to unintended largos, or worse.
Gold plorts have little practical use and are the most valuable of all plorts simply because they are shiny and rare. Back on Earth, the elite love to adorn themselves in jewelry made of gold plorts, far exceeding the value of any terrestrial precious metal. For this reason a rancher should never pass up the chance to get a gold plort or two from a rare chance encounter with a Gold Slime.
- Gold Slimes cannot be stored in the vacpack and despawn soon after noticing the player, so they cannot be domesticated.
- Almost all resources besides water or Slime Science Resources can be used to hit a Gold Slime for their Plorts. By default it will drop a single plort, but can be tripled to three with Golden Sureshot. Feeding it a Gilded Ginger always produces 5 Gold Plorts.
- Note that Golden Sureshot only applies to resources being shot at the Gold Slime; plorts will not be tripled if a Gold Slime is fed a Ginger.
- Gold Plorts cannot be used to create Largos. It shares this trait with Fire Plorts, Puddle Plorts, and Quicksilver Plorts.
- If a Gold Slime is hit in the face with anything which cannot be eaten by a gold slime, it will despawn instantly.
- The Slimepedia still states that the Gold slime has no favorite food, even though Gold slimes favor Gilded Ginger.
- 1.2.0 - Fixed a possible bug related to gold slimes fleeing improperly.
- Fixed bug with diet readout for gold/lucky slimes and gordos.
- Fixed bug where gold slimes could create plorts due to touching gold plorts. There should be a lore reason for this so gather round and let me tell you the epic tale of Game Balance...
- 1.1.0 - Fixed bug where the hat trick achievement was not awarded when gilded ginger was eaten by a gold slime.
- 1.1.0b - Fixed a situation where gold slimes could sometimes fail to properly flee from Beatrix.
- 1.0.1 - Chickadoos of all types can now be used on Gold Slimes to produce Gold Plorts. Also, its gordo counterpart is added. As well as now having a favorite food.
- 1.0.0 - Multiple Gold Slimes now appear once in The Moss Blanket Vault.
- 0.6.0 - Golden Sureshot is added. This Upgrade triples the amount of gold plorts from a Gold Slime.
- 0.2.5 - A bug causing Gold Slimes to produce more plorts after being hit with their own plort was fixed. But in future versions this bug returned.
- Before 0.2.0 - Added.