The most exclusive and sought after of all slime species is easily the Gold Slime. Very little is known about these slippery creatures as they have proven impossible to capture. Gold Slimes are quick as a flash and will immediately begin to flee ranchers on sight. If a rancher is to profit from an encounter with a Gold Slime, they need to think quick.
Gold Slimes produce no direct risks to a rancher but their appearance often induces panic and leads to (sometimes fatal) mistakes. Further, the only way to obtain gold plorts is to strike a Gold Slime with any spare resources in your vac. Doing so can produce a gold plort, though it also leaves a trail of additional resources in the area, leading to unintended largos, or worse.
Gold plorts have little practical use and are the most valuable of all plorts simply because they are shiny and rare. Back on Earth, the elite love to adorn themselves in jewelry made of gold plorts, far exceeding the value of any terrestrial precious metal. For this reason a rancher should never pass up the chance to get a gold plort or two from a rare chance encounter with a Gold Slime.
- Gold Slimes cannot be captured, but can be corralled and even ranched if one is very careful.
- Shooting them with any extra inventory items besides water or Slime Science Resources is a good source of income. But you've got to be quick, since they'll run away if they see you!
- If a Gold Slime is hit in the face, it will despawn instantly.
- Gold Plorts cannot be used to create Largos. It shares this trait with Fire Plorts and Puddle Plorts.
- You can get the Achievement: Hat Trick by getting three plorts from the same golden slime.
- You can get the Golden Sureshot upgrade through the 7Zee Rewards Club, which will triple the amount of plorts that you get from Golden Slimes, ensuring you get the achievement once you unlock it and strike a Gold Slime.
- Gold Slimes respond to Slime Toys.
- Fashion Pods work on Gold Slimes.
- Gilded Gingers can be used to get extra plorts from it, or to get a Gold Gordo on your ranch.
- Without the Golden Sureshot, shooting a Gilded Ginger at a Gold Slime, makes it give 5 Gold Plorts; this amount is tripled with the Golden Sureshot.
- 1.0.1 - Chickadoos of all types can now be used on Gold Slimes to produce Gold Plorts. Also, its gordo counterpart is added. As well as now having a favorite food.
- 1.0.0 - Multiple Gold Slimes now appear once in The Moss Blanket Vault.
- 0.6.0 - Golden Sureshot is added. This Upgrade triples the amount of gold plorts from a Gold Slime.
- 0.2.5 - A bug causing Gold Slimes to produce more plorts after being hit with their own plort was fixed. But in future versions this bug returned.
- Before 0.2.0 - Added.