Gordo Slimes are a rare phenomenon that occurs when multiple slimes of the same type congregate. The result is that the slimes seem to merge together into a much larger slime that is seemingly incapable of movement.
A gordo will eat until it bursts, causing all the slimes to separate once more, as well as revealing whatever object it was that caused the gordo to form in the first place.
Gordos pose no real risk to ranchers, they can only sometimes be a nuisance in that they are hiding something a rancher might need. So if you see a gordo, feed it!
Gordos produce no plorts on their own, however the slimes they produce after bursting do like any normal slime.
After popping, the Gordos give 1-3 crates (they contain food and slimes) and several regular versions of the kind of slime it is. Both Pinks, Phosphor, Rad, Honey, Boom, Quantum, Mosaic and Dervish Gordos each drop a Slime Key, the Gordos created from Gordo Snares always give a crate that contains Slime Science materials and both Tabbies and both Rocks instead reveal teleporters that they were sitting on. The first Tabby and the first Rock Gordo allow quick and easy access back to the ranch from the end of the Dry Reef or Indigo Quarry respectively. The second Tabby Gordo lets you access the Arch Island, and the second Rock Gordo lets you access the Ash Isle.
The Gordos from Gordo Snares can be potentially everywhere, where there is a gadget spot. Pink Gordo: Note: Both are found within the Dry Reef.
- First one: While walking on the ledge going towards the second area of the Dry Reef, there is a section of fence cut out. Go into the hole in the fence, and directly ahead the Pink Gordo will be sitting on an island.
- Second one: On the Arch Island when trying to go to the top of it, you'll find that Gordo on your way. (Accessible after removing the 2nd Tabby Gordo.)
Rock Gordos: Note: Both are found within the Indigo Quarry.
- First one: After exiting the entrance tunnel to the cave section (after the first area), there is a Rock Gordo sitting in front of you at the back of the circular area.
- Second one: There is another hidden behind a rock/diamond face, behind the area you have to fly over the broken bridge to get to. It is accessible by the ramp on the side. It is on the left side of the pit it is in.
After going through the tunnel in the Dry Reef (after the place where you first see Rock Slimes), turn left. There is a short wall. Jump over it. After landing on the ground instead of going forward, turn around and head into the cave in the rock face. The Phosphor Gordo is inside.
Tabby Gordo: Note: Both are found within the Dry Reef.
- At the end of the Dry Reef, where the bridge leading to the Moss Blanket is, turn right and the Tabby Gordo will be sitting in a hole in the rock, on top of a teleporter.
- After you unlock the sandy area after the feral rock canyon there it is. It's like target practice, though, as it's a little way off the beach, on its own island.
From the first Rock Gordo, look at the pillar of rocks, jet pack up the pillar, follow it around, jumping on the second pillars. Jump from the second pillar across to the high landing.
From there, go forward until you see a wooden ramp. Jump down the ramp, turn left and go straight.
On your right past some large green crystals is a well hidden cave.
In the second area of the Moss Blanket, there is a small grey cliff with the Honey Gordo on top. You can get up there by means of jetpack or by using the small walkway that protrudes from the outer edge around to the Gordo.
You will find the cliff near a water spring. It slightly stands out against the brown hills around it.
Near the end of the Ancient Ruins. When you approach the first archway, look down to your left: you will see the back of the Boom Gordo through a wall. Jump down and go through the door (you may have to hit a switch to open it). Hover around the edge counter clockwise and you will find its front.
Go to the Construction Site near the end of the Ancient Ruins. On the pathway, look down to the right and go down to a hidden pathway. Go up the ramp until you end up at a small hill with a wall trigger and facing an open doorway with a wall above/below it. Turn right and go down another secret path. Turn around and there will be a Quantum Gordo.
Glass Desert Gordos:
Note: Guide provided by Firekirby123
- You are required to have 45 food items (50 on older versions) to satisfy the Pink Gordos, and 65 (75 on older versions) for other Gordos (if you feed only its favorite food item it will burst in 33 food items). Items of the Gordo's favorite food count as double the amount of food (the pink gordo does not have a favorite). Once fed to satisfaction, a Gordo will explode, providing a reward.
- Currently, there are sixteen Gordo slimes in the game: Two Pink Gordos, two Rock Gordos, Phosphor Gordo, two Tabby Gordos, Quantum Gordo, Boom Gordo, Rad Gordo, Honey Gordo, Crystal Gordo, Hunter Gordo, Mosaic Gordo, Tangle Gordo, and a Dervish Gordo. Get ready to feed them!
- Using Gordo Snares, it's better to farm Pink Gordos for rewards, as they're easier to feed and the rewards they give you aren't too different from the ones you'll get if you popped other Gordos.
- Although Rancher Risks state that Gordos aren't dangerous, the Boom Gordo is, but only when it's popped, since it creates a huge explosion, and the Rad Gordo, since being a Rad Slime, it exudes a radiation aura big enough to fill the entire room it's in. Be careful, or you'll take damage. Additionally, unlike its smaller counterparts, water will not remove their damaging effect.
- Also, the more it's fed, the bigger its aura becomes.
- Adding a fashion pod to a Gordo will result in all the slimes it produces having the same fashion pod.
- Gordo is the Spanish/Portuguese/Brazillian word for fat, hence the gordos' chubbiness.
- They are the only slimes in the game that cannot be eaten by The Tarr, other than The Tarr themselves, and Gold Slimes.
- If you put a fashion pod on them, all of the slimes that come out of it when it bursts will wear it too.
- According to Nick Popovich, the way Tabby Gordos sit on the teleporters is similar to how cats would sit on warm objects.
- 0.6.0: Crystal Gordo and Hunter Gordo can now be found within The Indigo Quarry and Moss Blanket, respectively. Dervish, Mosaic and Tangle Gordos can now be found in The Glass Desert.
- 0.5.1: The Gordo Snares have been added. Crystal and Hunter Gordos can now be found using Gordo Snares.
- 0.5.0: Boom and Quantum Gordos have been added. Crystal Gordos added to the game files
- 0.4.2: Gordos can now receive fashion pod accessories.
- Slightly reduced the number of required food for gordos to burst.
- 0.4.0: Second Pink Gordo has been added.
- 0.3.7: Second Rock Gordo now houses a teleporter to the Volcano Island under itself. It also doesn't drop gold slimes anymore.
- 0.3.6: Second Tabby Gordo now houses a teleporter to the Arch Island under itself, and the key it dropped is no longer obtainable. That means, it now became either a useless trinket or a priceless reward depending on how you see it.
- 0.3.2:Slimepedia Entry added.
- 0.3.1: Second Tabby Gordo has been added.
- 0.3.0: A Rad, a Honey and two Rock Gordos have been added; Redesign of them; First Tabby and first Rock Gordo's teleporters lead now to the Overgrowth and the Grotto respectively.
- 0.2.2: Indicators of their diet have been added.
- 0.2.0: The first gordos - Pink, Tabby and Phosphor Gordos were added.