Heart beets get their name from their deep, red color and heart-like shape. Heart beets are also unusually juicy for a beet, making it the only veggie that's not for the squeamish in the kitchen.
On the Ranch:
Deposit a heart beet into a garden's depositor and you'll have a large heart beet crop of your very own. This crop will last for several harvests.
- Heart Beets can be encountered very early on; immediately when you leave the Ranch into The Dry Reef, the first area where Pink Slimes frequently spawn next to a Pogofruit tree, there is a wall that can be flown over. There is a small rocky plateau with a plot where Heart Beets grow.
- The consistency of the Heart Beets' growth and harvest yield makes Rock Slimes a decent choice for converting harder-to-feed or more valuable Slimes into Largos.
- Heart Beet crops in The Indigo Quarry may have Odd Onions in them.
- Its name, shape, and being based on a beetroot is all a pun on the term "heartbeat".
- Despite being the Rock Slime's current favorite food, in the past, the Prickle Pear was planned as their favorite food. The reason the change was made is unknown.
- The Prickle Pear is now the dervish's favorite food.