Kookadoba are known as 'the king of fruit' by their enthusiasts, which include the jolly gourmand, Ogden Ortiz. However, harvesting them can be quite perilous as they only grow in the feral domain of The Wilds. Worse, the kookadoba smells and tastes horrible to most palates, with most who try it reporting it has the flavor of 'stinky cheese meets stinkier cheese.'
On the Ranch:
Kookadoba can only grow in the soils of The Wilds. A garden's replicator will reject it.
- Kookadoba can also be found in the form of a Saber Slime Mudball, which resemble the Yarn Ball. They must be broken down on a Kookacracker, which are found dotted around The Wilds. Doing so will award the player with 5 kookadoba.
- Prior to release, the roadmap entry for the Kookadoba stated:
Take a side job working for Ogden Ortiz and explore the Wilds, an untamed island on the Far, Far Range full of primitive, feral slimes! Ogden will offer you unique rewards for collecting the rare Kookadoba fruit that grows in the Wilds.
- Because no slime favors it, placing the Kookadoba in a Master Gordo Snare will spawn a Pink Gordo.
- Kookadoba appear to be based on Durian fruits; both have similar physical appearences, bear the nickname of "The King of Fruits", and have an unpleasant odor.
- Despite being stated to be made of sticks mud and slime, the mudball form of the Kookadoba heavily resembles a walnut. The method of breaking them with the Kookacrackers to obtain 5 Kookadoba fruit mirrors the method of cracking walnuts with a nut cracker.
- Harvesting a Kookadoba plant emits the same particle effect - although a purple shade - as the Gilded Ginger.