Largo Slimes are the result of a pure slime eating a plort not of its type. They are far bigger than pure slimes and can no longer be stored in the vacpack in this state; instead only being able to fit onto the nozzle. A Largo cannot revert back to a pure Slime.
A Largo Slime adopts the favored food, traits, and abilities of the Slime it was before transforming and the Slime type of the Plort that it ate as a pure Slime. When fed, they produce two Plorts; one for each of its base Slime types. This is doubled to four - two each - when eating one of its favored foods, making them far more efficient for ranching.
There is a risk to ranching Largos however; if a Largo eats another Plort of a type that it does not produce, it transforms into a Tarr; a hostile Slime that devours other Slimes and produces more Tarr when it does so. This is often referred to as a "Tarr outbreak".
Largo Slimes are a hybrid of two slimes resulting from a slime eating a plort unlike its own. They are twice as big normal slimes and have a combined diet of their two source slimes, making them enticing for ranchers that want to maximize their profits.
However, a largo is too big to vac and can only be transported using the end of the vac nozzle. This makes them difficult to control if things get out of hand.
In addition to largos being more difficult to manage and having the combined powers of two slimes, an even greater threat to ranchers lies within these super-sized slimes. If a largo eats a plort unlike its two source slimes, it will transform into a ravenous tarr slime!
Ranchers need to be very careful when dealing with largos or risk an outbreak of tarr that can quickly overtake their entire ranch. Always carry a full tank of water just in case!
When a largo eats, it produces plorts of both source slime types, making them potentially very lucrative for ranchers that can deal with the added risk of keeping them.
Feral Slimes are Largos that are particularly grumpy and will try to take a bite out of Beatrix if she gets too close. But maybe if they're given a bite to eat...
- Largos are too big to be sucked into the vacpack. Instead, they get stuck to the nozzle, then they can be transported to another location and either shot or released there.
- They cannot be transported by any warp tech and must be either created, or brought by foot to any location.
- When fed the favorite food of its source slimes, it can make four plorts (two from each source slime) at once!
- You can obtain the Achievement: Fireworks if you grab a Boom Largo and launch it into the air just before it explodes.
- Hunter Largos are very dangerous since they become instantly feral after being created. Because of that, you need to have something to feed and calm them down.
- Also, if they get too hungry, they will become feral again, so keep them well-fed or place a taming bell next to their corral (a music box helps).
- Note: It's not possible to produce a Gold Largo as none of the other slimes eat Gold Plorts. It's also impossible to get Puddle Largos because slimes ignore Puddle Plorts and Puddle Slimes ignore other Plorts. The same goes for their Fire Slime counterparts. A Lucky Largo is also impossible since Lucky Slimes do not produce Plorts. Inversely, it is not possible to acquire pure Saber Slimes, even through snaring a Gordo, as pure Saber Slimes do not spawn, and the Saber Slime has no favorite food.
- The Achievement "Diversification" is earned when you have 10 Largo types on your ranch.
- Quantum Largos can be difficult to manage as they create ghosts and use them to get out of the corral. Feed them regularly and they won't get out of the corral.
When there are many of one type of slime and just one of another type of slime, it is possible to mix them using only the food that the latter slime type eats (e.g. Veggies for a Rock Slime among several Dervish Slimes). Refer to the table for more info:
- Their Slimepedia Icon shows a Phosphor Tabby Largo with its source slimes.
- Naming conventions for Largos follow a set order in which the combined slimes' names are placed, which is as follows: Pink > Saber > Quantum > Honey > Phosphor > Mosaic > Tangle > Boom > Rad > Rock > Tabby > Hunter > Crystal > Dervish.
- For example, Pink Quantum, Honey Crystal, Saber Tangle, and Rad Tabby are all officially correct names for Largos, while Honey Pink, Rock Saber, Crystal Rock, and Rad Quantum are not.
- It should be noted, however, that Boom Phosphors do not follow this convention.
- When a Quantum Hunter Largo creates a ghost, it has the eyes of the Hunter Slime while the original largo has the eyes of a Quantum Slime.
- This was actually, in fact, a bug that was later fixed in the Better Homes Update (0.5.1).
- Different Slimes seem to react to becoming a largo differently, such as Pink Slimes always staying pink as largos, or that Tabby Slimes almost never turning gray as largos (only 5/13 are grey), just looking like the other slime, but bigger, and with ears/tails and a "cat face". Saber Slimes only add saber fangs and Hunter Slimes only keeping their 'bandana', tails, their wild nature, and that only 3/13 are brown.
- 1.1.0: Saber Largos have been added.
- 1.0.1d: Fixed bug where during sleep or when returning to a ranch, largos sometimes produced only one type of plort.
- 0.6.0: Dervish, Mosaic and Tangle Largos have been added. A bug was fixed where vaccing non-Tabby Largos would give them tabby stripes.
- 0.6.0d: Bugs causing Quantum Mosaic Largo's mosaic shell to be sometimes entirely hidden within its body and Largos in a corral with an auto-feeder and plort-collector sometimes not producing all of the proper plorts were fixed.
- 0.5.1: Quantum Tabby, Rad Tabby, Rad Hunter and Quantum Hunter Largos facial features were fixed. A bug was fixed where agitated Hunter Largos responding to the Taming Bell would immediately turn feral again.
- 0.5.0: Quantum Largos have been added; Hunter Largos now become feral again if they are hungry.
- 0.5.0b: Bugs causing Pink Quantum Largos eating Quantum Plorts but not Boom Plorts and Quantum Crystal Largos appearing pink while rolling were fixed.
- 0.3.6: Crystal Largos have been added.
- 0.3.5: Hunter Largos are redesigned and are now obtainable legitimately.
- 0.3.4: Bug causing Rad Largos to be invisible when held fixed; A bug causing Tabby Largos to fight over a chicken was fixed, with the fastest one eating it now.
- 0.3.2: Slimepedia Entry added.
- 0.3.0: Rad Largos are now obtainable legitimately.
- 0.2.5: Fixed a bug that did let you move Largos into a wall and get them stuck here.
- 0.2.4: A bug causing Boom Rock Largos to become Tarrs after eating fruits got fixed; A bug causing Tabby Largos to be stuck when staring at food also got fixed.
- 0.2.3: A bug causing Rock Tabby Largos to have additional spikes got fixed.
- Before 0.2.0: Added to the game.