NPCs, or Non-player characters are, as the term suggests, characters in the game that are not playable.
There are currently no NPCs with physical models in the game, but all of them contact Beatrix through Starmail at some point in the game. While Thora, Viktor, Ogden, Mochi and BOb actively use the Range Exchange for trades.
|Thora West - An elderly slime rancher who first welcomes Beatrix LeBeau to the Ranch. She explains the Range Exchange's functions and requests a variety of items and slimes.|
|Viktor Humphries - A slime rancher, scientist, and amateur musician. Due to his studies, he often stays at home and uses the Range Exchange to gain slimes he's short of. He has also lost his most favorite fiddle out on the Range and requests Beatrix return it to him if she finds it.|
|Ogden Ortiz - A slime rancher who "fancies himself as a farmer." He came to the Far, Far Range to farm just as people do on Earth, and only raises slimes that eat fruits and veggies. Thus, he only requests for fruits and veggies from others.|
|Mochi Miles - A slime rancher who is the daughter of billionaire Tatsuya Miles. She is very competitive and works for her father, conquering the Plort Market. Due to her father's insight, she often asks for Plorts that will make "huge profits later on."|
|BOb - Multiple pink slimes stacked on each other wearing a fedora and trench coat. BOb exclusively asks for Hens and Roostros. BOb repays you in plorts, food and veggies.|
|Electronic Notes, Starmail||Hobson Twillgers - A slime rancher, explorer, and the previous owner of your ranch. When he decided to leave it, he left electronic notes all over the world.|
|Starmail||Casey - Beatrix's special someone on Earth, who occasionally contacts her through StarMail.|
- Each of the rancher NPCs specialise in a core element to slime ranching;
- Ogden prefers to grow Fruits and Veggies.
- BOb requests Hens and Roostros.
- Viktor is a slime scientist who studies the slimes themselves.
- Mochi requests Plorts to turn a profit on the Plort Market.
- Hobson favours exploration and adventuring.
- Thora's varied requests on the Range Exchange suggests she does a bit of everything.
- Casey will tell about life back on earth, eventually sending a final end-game message.