A staple of cooking on the range, the hearty Oca Oca is a naturally salty, soft spud. As the key ingredient to the always tasty 'rancher's hashbrowns', they have likely been the fuel for a great deal of slime wrangling since their discovery on the range.
On the Ranch:
Deposit an Oca Oca into a garden's depositor and you'll have a large Oca Oca crop of your very own.
- Oca Ocas grow consistently with a decent harvest yield, so having Rad Largos are a decent choice for the Ranch.
- The name "Oca Oca" may be based on the "Oxalis tuberosa", otherwise known as the Oca or New Zealand Yam; a stem tuber that was introduced in Europe in the 1800s as a competitor to the potato.
- Although the Oca Ocas are referred to as "spuds" in the Slimepedia, they more closely resemble the stem tubers with the coloring of a potato, likely because of their close association.
- "Oca oca" is pronounced ō-ka ō-ka with a long "O".
- Its Slimepedia icon depicts what the Oca Oca looked like before its graphical update, although the color was updated after their in-game models were changed.
- ↑ http://steamcommunity.com/app/433340/discussions/0/1697167355224725141/ - Confirmed by a Steam post
- ↑ https://twitter.com/monomipark/status/973271024237101056 - Similar confirmation on Twitter.