Odd Onions can only grow in the Indigo Quarry; however, you'll never encounter an Odd Onion patch. Instead, Odd Onions can be found randomly in other veggie patches. As the saying goes "Forage into the Indigo Quarry and you'll always find the Odd Onion in your haul."
On the Ranch:
Deposit an Odd Onion into a garden's depositor and strangely, carrots will begin to grow. However, there is a good chance you'll get some odd onions in your crop as well.
- Growing Carrots in a Garden do not produce Odd Onions; Odd Onions must be placed into the Garden recepticle for them to grow.
- Due to the relatively small amount of Odd Onions that grow per harvest, it would probably be wise to convert Crystal Slimes into Largos with a favoured food that is easier to grow.
- This is also the case with Meat.
- 1.0.1 - Odd onion crops on the ranch will now produce a minimum of 4 odd onions, but generally 6-8 of them.
- 0.3.6 - Odd onions can now be found in the Indigo Quarry. A favorite of the crystal slime, these curious veggies can't be reliably grown in gardens, let alone foraged.
- The concept of the Odd Onion may be based on the slang term in literature, meaning "not often". This is evident in its behaviour of occasionally growing with Carrots.
- Even though in The Ranch they only grow with Carrots, in the wild they can also grow with Oca Ocas, Heart Beets and Carrots.