Odd Onions can only grow in the Indigo Quarry; however, you'll never encounter an Odd Onion patch. Instead, Odd Onions can be found randomly in other veggie patches. As the saying goes "Forage into the Indigo Quarry and you'll always find the Odd Onion in your haul."
- Growing Carrots in a Garden do not produce Odd Onions; Odd Onions must be placed into the Garden recepticle for them to grow.
- Due to the relatively small amount of Odd Onions that grow per harvest, it would probably be wise to convert Crystal Slimes into Largos with a favoured food that is easier to grow.
- 1.0.1 - Odd onion crops on the ranch will now produce a minimum of 4 odd onions, but generally 6-8 of them.
- 0.3.6 - Odd onions can now be found in the Indigo Quarry. A favorite of the crystal slime, these curious veggies can't be reliably grown in gardens, let alone foraged.
- The concept of the Odd Onion may be based on the slang term in literature meaning "not often", which is referenced in the Slimepedia Entry - "Forage into the Indigo Quarry and you'll always find the Odd Onion in your haul." - and demonstrated by its behaviour of occasionally growing with Carrots. Due to Odd Onions being present with other crops in the wild, they may suitably fit the role of weeds; this classification is reversed when Odd Onions are grown domestically to the Carrots that grow with them. Physically, it is a large onion with the coloration and swirl design reminiscent of Billy the Puppet, in particular his face, from the Saw franchise.