The Phase Lemon is a fruit found exclusively in random areas of The Ancient Ruins on incorporeal trees which require fruit shot at them when ripe to phase them in to reality, or in Crates. When grown in a garden, the tree is physical and other fruit is not required for harvest.
A phase lemon comes from a different place and time. They are like an echo, reverberating through the halls of the Ancient Ruins, never staying in the same place for long.
In order to harvest phase lemons a rancher must pass fruit matter through the phase lemon tree when lemons are present. This process somehow removes the fruit from our reality and phases in a lemon in exchange.
On the Ranch:
Deposit a phase lemon into a garden's depositor and you'll grow a large phase lemon tree of your very own.
- Until Update 1.1.0, Phase Lemons required to have fruit shot at the tree to obtain Lemons. Phase Lemons were the only fruit that could not be "traded" for other ripe Phase Lemons.
- Phase Lemons appear to have the same particle effect that Quantum Slimes have when they are agitated and about to teleport.
- Rotten Phase Lemons continue emitting their particle effect.
- Unlike most other fruit/vegetable slimepedia entries, the Phase Lemon's entry doesn't state how it tastes.
- Though, it can be assumed that they taste similarly to regular lemons.
- Phase Lemons have teal colored leaves on their stem, while other fruits have green leaves.
- 1.1.0 - Phase lemon trees planted in gardens will now act like normal fruit trees and not require phasing the lemons into reality. We altered the way space and time worked in order to make this QOL change. No big deal.
- 0.5.0 - Implemented; they have a maximum harvest of 20 and Fruit is required to harvest them when ripe.