Pink Slimes are the most common slimes found in Slime Rancher and are among the first Beatrix will encounter. They can spawn in practically any location outside of The Ranch at any time of the day. While they do not have any distinguishing features other than their pink colouration, their most notable trait unique to them is that they can eat all foods from the three main food types; Fruit, Meat, and Veggies; this makes them the easiest Slime to the ranch in the game. However, as a tradeoff, they do not have a favorite food unless converted to a Largo Slime.
Pink Slimes are the most common slime found on the Far, Far Range. They're cheerful, docile, and the easiest of all slimes to ranch. A pink slime will eat anything you put in front of it, though they have no favorite food, and their plorts are the least valuable of all slimes.
Not much to worry about with a pink slime. They're soft, squishy, very happy to be around a rancher, and found all over the Range.
But because of this, a rancher won't go far without finding a few pink plorts, which can lead to largos, and then...
Pink Plorts are an excellent "multi purpose generic substance" used to manufacture everything from food products to household cleaners. All over the Earth, people are eating burgers, sweetening their coffees, or scrubbing their floors with pink plort products. That's some serious versatility!
- If a large number of regular Pink Slimes in a corral they will naturally form a totem. Having the High Wall, Air Net and the Jukebox upgrades will help counter this to some extent, but it's recommended not to keep too many and to turn them into Largos instead for Plort variety, especially early in the game.
- Because Pink slimes can eat all foods, any difficult-to-feed Slimes such as Tabby Slimes can be converted to Pink Largos to compensate.
- Despite being abundant and being of low monetary value, Pink Plorts are used in almost all Slime Science gadgets, making them a valuable resource once The Lab is unlocked.
- Feeding them with 10 different types of food to unlocks the Omnivorous achievement.
- According to Nick Popovich, Slimes do not stack in a corral to escape, but rather the behaviour was a happy accident as the result of stacking when confined to a small space and their AI telling them to seek out food when hungry.
- Before 0.2.0: Added.