Prickle pears are as tough as the Glass Desert itself; having a thick, leathery, skin and covered in sharp barbs, they're an 'aquired taste' to be sure. But those put forth the cautious effort will find one of the sweetest fruits in the known universe hiding within.
On the Ranch:
Deposit a prickle pear into a garden's depositor and you'll grow a large prickle pear tree of your very own. This tree will last for several harvests.
- Prickle Pears are easy to grow and harvest while Dervish Plorts are high in value, making it one of the best Fruit/Slime combinations in the game financially. It shares this trait with the Mosaic Slime and its favoured veg, the Silver Parsnip.
- Prickle Pears are a visual pun on the Prickly Pear cactus.
- They ironically seem to visually resemble the average pear more than the actual prickly pear.
- Prototype - Unimplemented. The Prickle Pear is the Rock Slime's favourite food.
- 0.2.0 - Unimplemented. The Prickle Pear is now no longer the Rock Slime's favourite food; Rock Slime now favours Heart Beets and unimplemented Mosaic Slimes were changed to favour Prickle Pears.
- 0.6.0 - Implemented. It is Dervish Slime's favourite food. Now found in The Glass Desert.