Puddle Slimes are, as their name implies, purely aquatic Slimes. They can spawn at any time of the day in various areas in pools of water.
Puddle slimes are a rare species of slime that live in fresh water pools found on the range. These slimes don't eat fruits, veggies, or meat like most other slimes. Instead, puddle slimes absorb water into their bodies while they sit on the surface of a pool.
Puddle slimes need fresh water to survive and will quickly evaporate if left on any other surface for too long.
Puddle slimes aren't risky to manage, they just require a fair bit of maintenance. A rancher needs a pool of fresh water, like a pond, available for a puddle slime to sit in as they will evaporate if away from water. Additionally, puddle plorts burst as soon as they touch anything but fresh water.
Finally, puddle slimes are exceptionally shy and will not produce plorts if they are in close proximity to more than three other slimes.
Overall, a puddle slime is a better fit for a more experienced rancher, not one still wet behind the ears.
Puddle plorts are made almost entirely from an incredible hydro compound known by chemists across the galaxy as H2Ohhhhh. This compound is used to create an absurdly expensive brand of bottled drinking water that is sought after by the elite back on Earth. While some people argue that there is little difference in taste between it and tap water, those people seriously are not getting it.
- Because Puddle Slimes are relatively low maintenance and Ponds are a one-time investment with no upgrades, Puddle Slimes are a decent, low effort source of income.
- This means that Ponds cannot be upgraded to utilise a Plort Collector, so must be harvested manually. It may be worth having two vac spaces free to suck up the Slimes as well as the Plorts before returning the Slimes to the Pond once all the Plorts are obtained.
- A maximum of four Puddle Slimes can be kept in a single Pond; this is increased to 5 if you put a Rubber Duck in the Pond. If there are too many Puddle Slimes in a certain area they blush, signifying they will not produce Plorts.
- The Docks is a great place to keep Puddle Slimes; it has a water feature which is an unlimited water source that can house Puddle Slimes - making it essentially a free Pond.
- It's worth noting that the water feature does not render Ponds redundant; the Plort production limit on Puddle Slimes still applies. It is still recommended to buy Ponds to increase Plort production and to use the unlimited water to top up plot Ponds when they get low.
- Puddle Slimes produce 1 Puddle Plort every 6 hours, consuming 1 unit of water in the process.
- 0.6.0: Puddle Plorts no longer burst on contact with dry land, instead retaining their form for quite a bit before bursting.
- 0.3.7: Making money out of their plorts is more difficult, as of this build - plort production will dramatically cease when there's 8 or more of puddle plorts inside a pond.
- 0.3.4: They now blush when they're shy.
- 0.3.0c: A bug that caused their eyes to disappear when Slime Quality was set on low was fixed.
- 0.3.0: New sounds, "puddly-ness increased by 152%", meaning they got redesigned, added shyness mechanic.
- 0.2.4: Their plorts have a splash effect now after disappearing.
- 0.2.0: Puddle slime are added.