Quantum Slimes are Slimes that are commonly found in The Ancient Ruins and by the Dervish fountain in The Glass Desert. They have the ability to teleport to the location of their ghosts when agitated.
Quantum Slimes appear to have resulted from some sort of event that took place in the Ancient Ruins long ago. At all times, the quantum slime is capable of emitting other possible realities of their being. Called 'ghosts', these other realities can come true, with the quantum slime aligning with the reality of the ghost, effectively teleporting.
Quantum Slimes can be one of the most difficult slimes to manage, given their unique abilities. A rancher needs to learn to detect when Quantum Slimes are primed to take over the reality of a ghost, and act quickly, such as feeding them or splashing them with fresh water as a temporary measure.
Quantum plorts are believed by many to hold the secret to infinite resources. Given the Quantum slime's ability to change reality, it's theorized that unlocking the potential of Quantum Plorts would allow for a technology that converges the realities of other entities into our reality and- well basically we're talking about cloning stuff. Infinite energy, chickens, whatever. Probably no harmful side effects to this at all.
- Quantum Slimes create ghost copies regardless of their agitation, and create more when agitation increases. But if left unfed, they will eventually begin to swap places with a copy if any are present. The most guaranteed way to prevent this from happening is to keep them fed, and splashing them with Water on entry to a Ranch expansion.
- For this reason, it will be easier to ranch them away from other slimes.
- When ghosts are created, the ghosts will continue to travel in a linear path the same direction the slime was moving. (including up, if the slime was jumping as it created the ghost)
- 1.1.0 - Quantum Largos may show their teleportation particles at all times, even when not agitated. Undocumented in the patch notes, so this is possibly a bug.
- 0.6.0 - Now Quantum Slimes can still ghost out of their corral, however they will never teleport onto other slimes' corrals, making them much easier to manage.
- 0.5.0 - They are now released and are able to be obtained legitimately.
- 0.4.3 - Added into the game's code. At this point, it's mostly finished.
- The phrase "a slime that really shows its potential" in the slimepedia is a reference to the concept of quantum potential.
- Quantum slimes were added to the game's code in 0.4.3, but were only obtainable through mods.
- The Butterscotch Slime Lamp has the same "glitchiness" that the Quantums have.
- They share the same particle effects as Phase Lemons when they are about to teleport.
- A Rad Quantum Largo's ghosts will appear with their radiation aura, though will not cause the radiation meter to increase.
- The ghosts that a Quantum slime produces are internally referred to as Qubits.
- Quantum slimes must be touching the ground in order to produce a ghost.
- Although their very next action may be a jump, sending the ghost along in that direction.