Rad Slimes are Slimes found exclusively in The Indigo Quarry. Unlike other Harmful Slimes they do not deal damage directly, but when exposed to their aura for long enough Beatrix will start taking constant damage as long as she remains within the aura.
It's unknown if rad slimes, sometimes called 'raddies,' came to be from external radiation sources or from something naturally occurring within the Far, Far Range. Regardless, rad slimes emit such a potent aura of radiation they glow in the dark!
A rad slime's radioactive aura can induce rad poisoning to a rancher if they remain within it for too long. Ranchers are advised to monitor their rad exposure levels when handling these green globs of gamma goo as extended exposure can cause serious bodily harm, or worse.
Given that raddies are basically mobile batteries, it's no surprise that corporations value rad plorts for their incredible energy-producing capabilities. Most rad plorts get turned into 'plortonium' and everything from the latest holophone to a radwave microcook system runs on the stuff.
- Because exposure to more Rads speeds up the radiation meter, rather than risking going into a corral and picking up plorts manually, it may be worth getting a Plort Collector upgrade instead.
- If that is not an option, you can temporarily nullify the radiation aura with water, which lasts for 20 seconds. This is useful when you want to collect their plorts without getting rad poisoning.
- Rad Gordos cannot have their radiation nullified.
- Rad Largos retain their radiation aura.
- 0.3.0c: Larger spawn rates of them in Indigo Quarry.
- 0.3.0: Rad Slimes are readded and can be legitimately obtained; Effects of their radiation aura improved.
- 0.2.0: With removal of proto Indigo Quarry, they were temporarily unobtainable by normal means. They were still were visible in menu, however.
- Before 0.2.0: Addition of them into the game.
- The Rad Slime resembles the Slime from Maplestory.
- Rad Boom largos, despite the traumatically familiar combination, do not cause massive mile-wide explosions, or even radiation fallout.
- This is because of references to nuclear explosive weapons, which are the most powerful human-made weapons ever made.
- Despite being able to remove their radiation auras with water, their radiation doesn't go away when in a pool or pond of water, for some reason. This applies to Ponds in the ranch aswell.