"Chikenz? Chickeeeeeeeeeeens!" - BOb
The Range Exchange is one form of communication between Ranchers across the Far, Far Range that allows you to exchange goods from your ranch with goods from theirs. The Exchange is a type of market for ranchers, where they can trade plorts, food, slimes, etc.
The rancher will receive StarMail from new contacts before other ranchers make offers on The Exchange. A new offer replaces the old one every day at 12 o'clock PM.
- You can get the Achievement: Hasty Exchange by completing a Range Exchange request before 2pm game-time. The achievement counts only between 12:00 (when a new request pops up) and 14:00 (2:00 pm) in game time. But you do have to sleep.
- If you are quick enough, you can catch the crate that is deployed when you complete a request. It'll break open and explode the contents everywhere when it touches anything.
- When the crate explodes, if you are getting something similar to 12 chickens, they will fly off in random directions. Make sure you have collected all of them before leaving. If a bunch of slimes get out, you could have a Tarr outbreak.
- You should check the offers from the exchange daily. Sometimes, they will reward you with a rare slime science resource!
- If you're on a five day rush world all ranch exchange rewards will be 3 gold plorts.
- There is a "rancher" who uses a cloak and a fedora hat who is called "BOb". This rancher makes typos throughout his messages, and actually, "BOb" is really three slimes stacked together who created a Range Exchange profile to ask for chickens.
- The ranchers you exchange with are all NPCs. As of this point you cannot exchange items with other players.
- 0.4.1: Rewards can now also include rare slime science resources.
- 0.4.0: The bug where range exchange couldn't request items from other areas is finally fixed.
- 0.3.6: Fixed a bug where sometimes the range exchange would double count items you put in.
- 0.3.5: Added puddle slimes and hunter slimes to offers. This update also supposedly fixed the bug where range exchange couldn't request items from other areas than the Dry Reef, but that didn't happen.
- 0.3.0: Now in the 5-Day Rush game mode the reward you get is always three gold plorts.
- 0.2.4: Fixed a bug where sometimes the range exchange offers could carry on to a new save.
- 0.2.3: The amount of slimes requested at once is now decreased.
- 0.2.2: Fixed a bug where Ogden would sometimes give you slimes as rewards.
- Before 0.2.0: Added to the game.