The Range Exchange is a facility located in The Ranch near the entrance. It serves as the game's optional daily trading and rewards system. However, utilising the Range Exchange is a requirement for unlocking Ogden's Retreat and Mochi's Manor.
MechanicsThora West first contacts them via Starmail, and a further four additional NPCs will then get in contact on subsequent days. It is not necessary to complete a trade with them, but it is necessary to open their Starmail and open the Range Exchange at least once to introduce the next one.
Once all five ranchers have been introduced, the player can then make a choice between one of the two of the presented ranchers to trade with when the Range Exchange is interacted with each day.Trade requests end at 12:00pm the next day, and a new set of trades will pop up at 12:05pm. Note that any resources deposited into an unfinished trade will be lost without reward.
NPCs can request up to three different items of varying amounts. What items are requested is dependent on who the trade is with; each NPC embodies a specific element to slime ranching, and will request items based on their profession.
Note: Resources and slimes exclusive to The Moss Blanket, The Indigo Quarry, The Ancient Ruins, or The Glass Desert will not be requested or given as rewards until the locations containing them have been unlocked.
| || |
|Thora requests Slimes, Fruit and Veggies, Chickens, and Plorts from the combined request pools of the other NPCs. Her requests are not exclusive to a specific category.|
| Pink Slime • Rock Slime • Phosphor Slime • |
| Carrot • Pogofruit • Heart Beet • |
Cuberry • Oca Oca • Mint Mango •
Odd Onion • Phase Lemon • Prickle Pear •
| Pink Plort • Rock Plort • Phosphor Plort • |
Tabby Plort • Rad Plort • Honey Plort •
Boom Plort • Puddle Plort • Fire Plort •
Crystal Plort • Quantum Plort • Dervish Plort •
Hunter Plort • Mosaic Plort • Tangle Plort
| Hen Hen • Stony Hen • Briar Hen • |
Painted Hen • Roostro
RewardsUpon completing a Range Exchange trade, a crate is dropped and then broken containing the rewards presented on the Range Exchange screen. Rewards often include various food and plorts, but will always offer lump sums of Newbucks in units of 250
- The Achievement: Hasty Exchange is earned by completing a Range Exchange request before 2pm in-game time. The achievement counts only between when the new request pops up at 12:00, and 14:00 in-game time.
- 1.2.0 - Mochi Miles, an NPC, has created a Custom Range Exchange on her Manor, this new Range Exchange does not have a time limit, only asks for Quicksilver plorts, and you can only exchange with Mochi at this Range Exchange. Every ten quicksilver plorts you give turns into 150 Newbucks, and large amounts of quicksilver plorts can be given to unlock various rewards and eventually access to her Manor.
- 1.1.1 - The Range Exchange now has a countdown clock for the remaining duration of the current offer.
- 1.1.0 - The Range Exchange has been updated drastically, now having an updated design that allows you to see what you need to give and what you'll get without needing to press the button, and pressing the button now allows you to see the full body of the Rancher you are exchanging with and what they're saying as well. If you are currently not exchanging with anyone, then pressing the button will allow you to choose between two Ranchers to exchange with. All NPC profiles have been updated as well. Ogden Ortiz, an NPC, has created a Custom Range Exchange on his Retreat, this new Range Exchange does not have a time limit, only asks for Kookadoba Fruit, and you can only exchange with Ogden at this Range Exchange. Every three Kookadobas you give turns into one piece of Spicy Tofu, and large amounts of Kookadoba can be given to unlock various Garden Upgrades and eventually access to his Retreat.
- 0.4.1 - Rewards can now also include rare slime science resources.
- 0.4.0 - The bug where range exchange couldn't request items from other areas is finally fixed.
- 0.3.6 - Fixed a bug where sometimes the range exchange would double count items you put in.
- 0.3.5 - Added puddle slimes and hunter slimes to offers. This update also supposedly fixed the bug where range exchange couldn't request items from other areas than the Dry Reef, but that didn't happen.
- 0.3.0 - Now in the 5-Day Rush game mode the reward you get is always three gold plorts.
- 0.2.4 - Fixed a bug where sometimes the range exchange offers could carry on to a new save.
- 0.2.3 - The amount of slimes requested at once is now decreased.
- 0.2.2 - Fixed a bug where Ogden would sometimes give you slimes as rewards.
- Before 0.2.0 - Added to the game.
- It is possible to catch the crate that is deployed when you complete a request, allowing for it to be broken in a more controlled environment.
- NPCs do not request resources exclusive to The Wilds and Nimble Valley.
- The Range Exchange does not have a Slimepedia entry.