The Rock Slime is one of the most common slimes in Slime Rancher, tied with the Tabby Slime, both second only to the Pink Slime. They can be found almost everywhere at any time of the day. They have rocky crowns which are able to damage Beatrix on contact and can roll up into a rocky ball and roll in a straight line.
Rock slimes earned their name from the rocky crown of sharp spikes atop their slimy bodies. But their affection for minerals doesn't end with their appearance: rock slimes are strict vegetarians, favoring the satisfying crunch of the heart beet most of all.
The dangers of a rock slime should be fairly obvious: their rocky crown is sharp enough to pierce straight through a rancher's boots. But it's not all about watching where you're stepping as these rocks are always rolling. When you see a rock slime revving up for a tumble, it's best to get out of the way.
Rock plorts are prized for being a key component in the production of 'blue metal,' an amazing alloy that's stronger than titanium and lighter than plastic. Because of its amazing strength, blue metal is often a key component in the hulls of light-speed capable starships, synthetic appendages, and protective holophone cases.
- Since Rock Slimes deal damage on contact, going into a Corral manually to collect Plorts is not recommended; try to buy Plort Collectors as soon as possible.
- Rock Slimes and Phosphor Slimes are the best sources of income at the beginning of the game until other areas are unlocked.
- 0.5.1 - Fixed bug where Rock Slimes sometimes didn’t damage player if they were stationary.
- 0.3.0 - The Indigo Quarry is released, which Rock Slimes now also spawn in.
- 0.2.0 - Rock Slime now favours Heart Beets, and the still-unimplemented Prickle Pears were changed to be the favourite of the unimplemented Mosaic Slime.
- Before 0.2.0 - Implemented. Rock Slimes had the unreleased Prickle Pear as their favorite food.
- The Rock Slime may be based on Tier 2 and 3 Jelly Cubes in Nick's previous game, Spiral Knights, although they have the blue coloring of the Ice Cube when thawed out.
- Pink Rock Largos most strongly resemble them.
- The Rock Slime can be considered the Tabby Slime's counterpart, as they both can be found in almost all of the areas of the Far, Far Range.