Despite their slightly metallic aftertaste, these shimmering root veggies are considered a delicacy by gourmands across the galaxy. On the Far, Far Range, ranchers often eat them during the holidays, to bring good fortune in the coming year.
- Silver Parsnips are easy to grow and harvest while Mosaic Plorts are high in value, making it one of the best Veg/Slime combinations in the game financially. It shares this trait with the Dervish Slime and its favoured Fruit, the Prickle Pear.
- The mention of gourmands in the Slimepedia Entry and the name of the Silver Parsnip itself may be a loose reference to the "Silver Palete" series of cookbooks, written by Julee Rosso and Shiela Lukins between 1979 and 1995.
- The mention of ranchers eating Silver Parsnips during the holidays to bring fortune for the coming year may be a reference to the Chinese New Year; a 15-day festival where tradition and fortune plays a heavy role.
- The Slimepedia claimed the Silver Parsnip was the Meteor Slime's favorite food, until Update 0.6.0b when it was correctly changed to the Mosaic Slime
- The Slimepedia icon depicts what the Silver Parsnip looked like before its graphical update, where it more closely resembled the Carrot.