|“||Slime keys are large, stone keys that are used to open the slime gates across the range. These gates often lead to expansive, new areas to explore or create shortcuts to familiar areas.||”|
Keys are obtained from the following Gordo Slimes:
- Pink Gordo #1
- Pink Gordo #2
- Phosphor Gordo
- Honey Gordo
- Hunter Gordo
- Crystal Gordo
- Rad Gordo
- Boom Gordo
- Quantum Gordo
- Dervish Gordo
- Mosaic Gordo
30 of any food items are required for the Pink Gordos, and 50 is required for all others unless you use the respective Slime's favorite food, which count as two units of food potentially halving that amount to 25. After being fed the Gordo will burst revealing 2-3 crates, a Slime Key and 10 Slimes of the same type as the Gordo.
Note: Both Rock Gordos, both Tabby Gordos, and the Tangle Gordo do not drop Slime Keys; instead they reveal Static Teleporters.
Slime Keys are used to open Slime Gates. 11 Slime gates exist and are located:
- In The Slime Sea to enter The Moss Blanket.
- In the Dry Reef to enter the Indigo Quarry.
- In the Dry Reef to enter the Beach.
- In the Moss Blanket to enter the The Ancient Ruins' entrance area.
- In the Indigo Quarry to enter the The Ancient Ruins' entrance area.
- In the Ancient Ruins to have access to the teleporter to the Glass Desert.
- In the Glass Desert, in the Rock Fountain Area to enter the second part of the Glass Desert.
- In the Glass Desert in the Pillar Area to enter the second part of the desert.
- The final three gates are located inside each individual Vault.
Map of Slime Key locations
Three gates are simply used as shortcuts and have alternate paths, so can be left locked:
- The Beach can be accessed via the overgrowth.
- One of the gates leading to the Ancient Ruins.
- The second part of the Glass Desert only needs one of both gates to be accessed.
Although for convenience, it is recommended to unlock all Slime Gates.