The Slimepedia is the in-game encyclopedia which documents discoveries found during gameplay. It is accessible from the Menu (pressing Esc or F1 by default or on Xbox up on the D-Pad) which provides information on various aspects of the game, as well as any discoveries made during the course of the game.
At the start of the game, a majority of the entries are locked. When a new discovery is made, an icon pops up on the bottom right hand side of the screen and its Slimepedia entry is accessible from that point on.
There are currently 85 available Discoveries.
The Tutorials tab contains information regarding basic gameplay. Many of these are experienced on a practical level on a playthrough, and can be accessed later from the Slimepedia in purely text form. They are:
- Basic Player Controls
- Vacpack: Vac-ing and Shooting
- Vacpack: Vac Tanks
- Vacpack: Health and Energy
- Ranching Basics: Corralling Slimes
- Ranching Basics: Feeding Slimes
- Ranching Basics: Plorts and the Plort Market
- Slime Science: Basics
- Slime Science: Gadget Mode
Main article: Slimes
Most normal slimes are discovered by containing them within the vacpack. However, there are a few exceptions:
- Largo Slimes, Feral Slimes and The Tarr are recorded by holding them on the nozzle. Due to the nature of Casual Mode, the Tarr's Slimepedia Entry is automatically unlocked in that mode.
- Gold Slimes, Quicksilver Slimes, and Saber Slimes are recorded when their plort is collected.
- Gordo Slimes are recorded when one is burst.
- A Lucky Slime is recorded when it eats meat, and by extension awards Newbucks. This can occur whether or not the slime was directly fed by the player.
The Resources tab lists all of the items that can be utilised by the player for a later benefit.
Main article: Food
Slime Science Resources
Main article: Slime Science Resources
Main article: Echoes
They are only found in The Ancient Ruins, so it is required to visit this biome to unlock it.
Main article: Slime Toys
RanchThe Ranch. Most of these entries are unlocked from the start of the game, as they are immediately usable by the player but are limited by their Newbucks:
Four entries are not immediately unlocked on a new game:
- Ogden's Retreat and Mochi's Manor are each unlocked when visiting the area for the first time.
- 7Zee Rewards Club entry is unlocked on Day 7, immediately after reading the introductary StarMail.
- Chroma Packs' entry is unlocked when reaching 7Zee Rank 5; the first rank that installs the facility.
Main article: Far, Far Range
Main article: Slime Key
Main article: Slime Science
- If a player completes all available discoveries in the Slimepedia, they will be awarded the Achievement: Pro Style.