The most immediate threat of a Solar Anomaly are the fire pillars that erupt from the ground and can spawn almost anywhere near you, though not along the outer rocky structures of The Glass Desert. When they appear they remain for some time until the firestorm passes. During their duration they can produce a variety of other hazards:
- Large glints similar to the Mosaic Slimes'; when they hit the ground they produce more temporary fire hazards.
- Large, fiery rocks will be sent flying. They disappear on contact with the ground.
- Will quite often spawn Fire Slimes.
Anything shot into a fire pillar - with the exception of Fire Slimes - will be vapourised.
What To Do
The best thing to do first and foremost is not panic. Although the fire pillars and their hazards are intimidating, they stay in a single spot. So once a firestorm is fully established the pillars are easy enough to avoid. Survivability is also increased significantly with Heart Module upgrades.
When a Solar Anomaly arrives the best thing to do is take shelter. Oases are the best protection from the fire pillars and rock projectiles spawned in firestorms, as they disintegrate on contact with the shields surrounding the Oasis. If you don't have access to an Oasis, try to keep out of open ground.
- The Solar Anomalies are currently the only naturally occuring weather in the game.
- Rain may be a weather effect in the future, since in the Pond's entry, it mentions that it'll fill up from some sort of rain.