Tabby Slimes or Tabbies for short, are one of the most common slimes in Slime Rancher. They can be found almost everywhere at any time of the day. The Tabby Slimes are part of a slime family, consisting of Tabbies, Hunters, and Lucky Slimes.
Tabby slimes share many curious similarities to domesticated house cats of Earth. With their perky ears, striped backs, and swaying tails, you'd almost mistake them for a true feline... If they weren't made entirely of gooey slime, of course.
A Tabby slime generally doesn't mean any harm to a rancher, but like their spiritual Earth cat cousins, often causes a great deal of chaos anyway. Tabby slimes love to steal things they don't eat, like fruits and veggies, resulting in lots of unintended largo transformations on the Range.
Tabby plorts are a key ingredient in a variety of "performance enhancing" products that grant the consumer a surge of the tabby slime's signature energy and exuberance. And while athletes the world over take them to gain an edge, prolonged use often results in "uncontrollable butt wiggles", another (less desirable) signature of the tabby slime.
- Tabby Slimes tend to pick up food they don't eat or when they're not hungry and hold it in front of them. If corraled correctly, this behaviour is harmless. However, food it's holding can be eaten directly from it by other Slimes, which can cause unintended Largo or Tarr transformations, since Slimes often prioritise the consumption of Plorts regardless of their size.
- Hen-hens take longer to reproduce than it is to grow Fruit and Veg, so it is recommended to convert Tabby Slimes to a Largo with a favourite Fruit or Veg.
- Like real-world cats, Tabby Slimes can jump very high. If they're about to make a high jump, this is indicated by squishing themselves and rocking side to side. They may well escape a corral without the High Wall or Air Net upgrades.
- Be wary of your Coops if a Tabby escapes a corral or a loose one is roaming around; your Hen-Hens won't last long otherwise.
- Letting a Tabby Slime headbutt you unlocks the Boop! achievement.
- Tabby Slimes are the only slimes that can pick up food, though they only pick up fruits and veggies.
- Tabby Slime can be found in almost all areas in the Far Far Range.
- Hunter Slimes look a lot like Tabby slimes, they only physical differences between the two are the color, and the shape of the tail and ears, since they're fluffier. Oh and the bandana-styled stripe and their almond eyes.
- The Tabby slime's unique mouth can seen in the Gray Slime Lamp.
- The Hunter Slime might be the result of the some Tabbies evolving into a more serious hunter, to find food better in The Glass Desert and The Moss Blanket.
- As in The Moss Blanket, there might be alot of competition for food because of all the slimes. And since The Glass Desert, is well... a desert, it's easy to see why food might be hard to come by there.
- As with other slimes, such as Crystal Slimes or Dervish Slimes, their color isn't present in many of the Tabby Largos. Since they usually have the other slime's color, with the tabbies' mouth, ears, and tail.
- Apperently, the Lucky Slime is the result of a Tabby that stopped eating food, in favor of Newbucks for some reason, causing them to become pale and to put a coin on their face, feeding them, somehow causes them to explode in newbucks.
- However, this doesn't kill them, this just makes them go in the air, or to run away.
- Although they may look, and act like cats, they are gooey instead of fluffy, since they're slimes.
- 1.0.1 - Added meowing sound effects when a Tabby Slime steals an item.
- 0.6.0 - Fixed a bug where vac-ing a non-tabby largo would give them tabby stripes
- 0.3.4 - A bug causing Tabbies to fight over a chicken was fixed, with the fastest one eating it now.
- 0.2.4 - A bug causing Tabbies to be stuck when staring at food is fixed.
- Before 0.2.0 - Added.