|“||Mew! Meow! Meow. Purr...||”|
— Tabby Slime
Tabby Slimes, or Tabbies for short, are one of the most common slimes in Slime Rancher, along with the Rock Slime, both second only to the Pink Slime. They can be found almost everywhere at any time of the day. These slimes resemble and behave like domesticated cats, including their dietary requirement of Meat.
Tabby slimes share many curious similarities to domesticated house cats of Earth. With their perky ears, striped backs, and swaying tails, you'd almost mistake them for a true feline... If they weren't made entirely of gooey slime, of course.
A Tabby slime generally doesn't mean any harm to a rancher, but like their spiritual Earth cat cousins, often causes a great deal of chaos anyway. Tabby slimes love to steal things they don't eat, like fruits and veggies, resulting in lots of unintended largo transformations on the Range.
Tabby plorts are a key ingredient in a variety of "performance enhancing" products that grant the consumer a surge of the tabby slime's signature energy and exuberance. And while athletes the world over take them to gain an edge, prolonged use often results in "uncontrollable butt wiggles", another (less desirable) signature of the tabby slime.
- Tabby Slimes tend to pick up food they don't eat or when they're not hungry and hold it in front of them. If corraled correctly, this behaviour is harmless. However, food it's holding can be eaten directly from it by other Slimes, which can cause unintended Largo or Tarr transformations, since Slimes often prioritise the consumption of Plorts regardless of their size.
- Hen-hens take longer to reproduce than it is to grow Fruit and Veg, so it is recommended to convert Tabby Slimes to a Largo with a favourite Fruit or Veg.
- Like real-world cats, Tabby Slimes can jump very high. They may well escape a corral without the High Wall or Air Net upgrades.
- Be wary of your Coops if a Tabby escapes a corral or a loose one is roaming around; your Hen-Hens won't last long otherwise.
- Letting a Tabby Slime jump into you unlocks the Boop! achievement.
- In fact, Tabby slimes and largos will prioritize booping you when they first detect you, even if they were seeking food or an unfamiliar plort.
- Tabby Slimes are currently the only slimes that pick up food without eating it.
- Multiple Tabbies can hold the same food item.
- Tabby Slime can be found in almost all areas in the Far Far Range.
- The Tabby slime's unique mouth can seen in the Gray Slime Lamp.
- 1.0.1 - Added meowing sound effects when a Tabby Slime steals a food item.
- 0.6.0 - Fixed a bug where vac-ing a non-tabby largo would give them tabby stripes
- 0.3.4 - A bug causing Tabbies to fight over a chicken was fixed, with the fastest one eating it now.
- 0.2.4 - A bug causing Tabbies to be stuck when staring at food is fixed.
- Before 0.2.0 - Added.