|This section or article needs images.|
Reason: Needs more non-largo Tangle Slime images showcasing their behaviours.
You can discuss this in the article comments or this page to improve it.
Tangle Slimes are Slimes with flowers on their heads that are capable of utilizing vines to reach food and plorts a small distance away from them to feed themselves, and can produce pollen when agitated. It is encountered exclusively in the The Glass Desert.
Though the tangle slime may look innocent with its wide smile and colorful flower atop its head, it's actually a fearsome predator with a big appetite for tasty meat. The tangle slime earned its name from the twisting vines that it can produce to grab things in the environment.
It's unknown what caused the tangle slime to become such a fearsome predator in the barren wastes of the Glass Desert. However, if the land once resembled the lush greenery of the oases within, perhaps the tangle slime evolved in a much different environment than what you see today.
The tangle slime can be a handful on the ranch if they're not well-fed at all times. Not only can tangle slimes tunnel their vines underground to snatch food from outside their corrals, but the flowers on their head can produce a noxious pollen cloud that causes other slimes to go into sneezing fits.
When slimes sneeze from the pollen their agitation rapidly increases, causing more boom slime explosions, crystal slime spikes, and all around jumpiness.
Despite the troublesome nature of the slimes that create them, tangle plorts have incredibly beneficial agricultural applications. Fertilizers and growth formulas made from tangle plorts are used by farms all across Earth to greatly enhance crop production.
It's speculated that the unususally high nutrient count found within tangle plorts that now grow Earth's vegetables results from the tangle slime's incredible appetite for chickens, but that's super gruesome so let's just ignore that.
- Because they can reach for food and plorts outside of their corrals using their vines, the best place to ranch these slimes would be in The Overgrowth, due to building plots being a fair distance away from one another and the area regularly spawning Hen Hens.
- Since their primary diet is Meat, turning them into a Largo that has a favourite Fruit or Veggie is recommended.
- 1.2.0 - Fixed a bug related to tangle vines and dervish whirlwinds that could sometimes result in launched slimes and other items.
- 1.1.0b - Fixed Spicy Tofu being a favorite of Tangle Slimes.
- 1.1.0 - Reduced tangle slime’s vine grab radius by 33%.
(Undocumented) Erroneously has another favoured food - the Spicy Tofu.
- 1.0.1 - Added slime toys for the fire, mosaic, dervish, and tangle slimes.
- 0.6.0 - Implemented.
- The Tangle Slime's name may come from its use of vines, which are often associated with being a tripping hazard when growing wild in forests. The flower on the Tangle Slime's head strongly resembles the Rafflesia flower, a parasitic flower which emits a strong odor to attract flies to spread its pollen, a behavior mirrored by the Tangle Slime which produces pollen when agitated. The slime appears to be physically similar to an unripe tomato, and the concept of the Tangle Slime is based on carnivorous plants. Concept art for the Tangle Slime looked very similar to the Pokémon Bulbasaur, and was jokingly called "Bulbaslime".
- It is the second slime to be a shade of green. First being the Rad Slime.
- The color of the flower changes depending on what type of Largo it becomes.
- On rare occasions this slime has been known to tunnel its way out of pens due to the collisions with the vines it produces.
- Tangle Slimes are the first slimes to have had two favorite foods; the Painted Hen and the Spicy Tofu. This was later fixed since the Spicy Tofu was not meant to be favored by any slime.