Hidden behind a vast mountain range, the Ancient Ruins stand as one of the few known unnatural structures on the Far, Far Range. Their origin remains a mystery, as do the strange occurrences that happen within.
Home to quantum slimes that seem to express many other possible realities of their being, and phase lemon trees that do not remain in one place or time for very long, the Ancient Ruins defy logic and expectation.
Only one thing is certain in the Ancient Ruins: within its deepest chamber lies its greatest secret.
|Slimes||Pink Slimes, Phosphor Slimes, Tabby Slimes, Rock Slimes, Puddle Slimes, The Tarr, Gold Slimes, Lucky Slimes|
|Food||Carrots, Pogofruit, Cuberries, Hen Hens, Stony Hens, Roostros, Chickadoos, Stony Chickadoos, Phase Lemons, Heart Beets|
|Exclusive Resources||Echoes, Phase Lemons|
|New Slimes||Quantum Slimes|
Points of interest
CourtyardThe Courtyard is located before the large Slime Gate to The Ancient Ruins. It serves as a connection point from either The Moss Blanket or The Indigo Quarry, to The Ancient Ruins.
Warp StationThe Warp Station is located at the end of The Ancient Ruins. Inside is a treasure pod that requires MKII Treasure Cracker to open which awards the Advanced Gordo Snare. Opposite the Treasure Pod is a Slime Gate requiring a Slime Key.
Opening the door reveals a long corridor leading to a teleporter pad surrounded by five Slime Statues resembling the Quantum Slimes abundant throughout the area. They each require a Quantum Plort to activate the teleporter. Doing so allows access to The Glass Desert.
- Up to four of the required plorts for the large Slime Gate can be found in The Indigo Quarry and The Moss Blanket, each.
- The Vacpack has fewer inventory slots than plort types needed, so it cannot be opened on the first visit. However the areas in the Quarry and the Blanket found just before their respective gates leading to the Courtyard each hold an abundant amount of slimes - whose plorts are required for the gate - and food with which they can produce them.
- It is recommended to bring a full tank of water or Hydro Turrets as Tarr spawn much more frequently than in The Moss Blanket.
- 1.2.0 - Fixed bug where doors in the Ruins would disappear from our reality if you look at it from a certain angle.
- 0.5.0 - Implemented.
- The Ancient Ruins takes inspiration from Studio Ghibli's film Laputa: Castle in the Sky. The area also has some resemblance to the Aurora Isles zone from Spiral Knights.
- The Ancient Ruins has the biggest Slime Gate in the Far, Far Range. It is also the only Slime Gate to not require a Slime Key, but instead requires plorts from six different slimes.
- The Ancient Ruins were originally planned to be a sub-area connected to The Moss Blanket.
- It is one of two non-ranch classed zones that do not spawn Feral Slimes in any specific location. The other being Nimble Valley.