The Ancient Ruins is a zone that was added in Version 0.5.0. It serves as a warp station to one of the most distant locations in the Far, Far Range.
Hidden behind a vast mountain range, the Ancient Ruins stand as one of the few known unnatural structures on the Far, Far Range. Their origin remains a mystery, as do the strange occurences that happen within.
Home to quantum slimes that seem to express many other possible realities of their being, and phase lemon trees that do not remain in one place or time for very long, the Ancient Ruins defy logic and expectation.
Only one thing is certain in the Ancient Ruins: within its deepest chamber lies its greatest secret.
|Slimes||Pink Slimes, Phosphor Slimes, Tabby Slimes, Rock Slimes, Puddle Slimes, The Tarr, Gold Slimes, Lucky Slimes|
|Food||Carrots, Pogofruit, Cuberries, Hen Hens, Stony Hens, Roostros, Chickadoos, Stony Chickadoos, Phase Lemons, Heart Beets|
|New Slimes||Quantum Slimes|
The Courtyard is located before the gate to The Ancient Ruins. It serves as a connection from either The Moss Blanket or The Indigo Quarry to The Ancient Ruins. The plorts from six different Slimes (Tabby, Rock, Phosphor, Honey, Boom and Rad) are required to open the big gate at the center that leads into The Ancient Ruins.
The Warp Station is located at the end of The Ancient Ruins. Inside is a treasure pod that requires MKII Treasure Cracker to open and a Slime Gate. Opening the treasure pod rewards the blueprint for the Advanced Gordo Snare. Opening the Slime Gate allows access to the Warp Station at the end of the hallway with five Slime Statues that require five Quantum Plorts to activate the warp. The Warp will activate once all five Plorts have been inserted in the Slime Statues, allowing access to one of the most distant areas in the Far, Far Range.
- To enter the Ruins, you will require plorts from these slimes: Tabbies, Phosphors, Rocks, Honeys, Booms and Rads. You will have to shoot these plorts into the statues that look like these slimes. After every plort is inserted, the gate will open.
- It is recommended to bring a full tank of water or Hydro Turrets as Tarr spawn much more frequently than in The Moss Blanket.
- The Ancient Ruins have the biggest Slime Gate in the Far, Far Range.
- It is also the only Slime Gate to not require a Slime Key, but requires plorts from six different slimes. (not including the Pink Plort, which is already inserted upon discovery)
- However, a normal Slime Gate leading from either the Moss Blanket or the Indigo Quarry needs to be opened (with a Slime Key) before the one mentioned here. This means the Ancient Ruins also have the most amount of Slime Gates that need to be unlocked to gain access, which is two.
- However, only one of those gates needs to be opened in order to access the area; unlocking both slime gates simply makes it easier to access the ruins from both sides.
- The Ancient Ruins were originally planned to be a sub-area connected to The Moss Blanket.
- It is the only zone that doesn't spawn Feral Slimes in any specific location.