The Glass Desert is an area that was added in update 0.6.0. It's very far from the mainland of the Far, Far Range, and is only accessible through a teleporter located in The Ancient Ruins. It's a barren wasteland covered with giant glass structures that create ultra hot Solar Anomalies. This harsh, uninhabitable environment has little hint of what it once was, but you might be able to bring it back. It acts as the end-game zone, and has many challenges not found in other zones. Four new slimes called Mosaic Slimes, Tangle Slimes, Dervish Slimes, and Fire Slimes live in this place, as well as mysterious flowers, sticky tacti, and dried up fountains. Placing the right plorts in the mouths of the right statues can bring the place back to life and hey, you might get a slime or two out of it.
The Glass Desert is mostly uncharted territory within the Far, Far Range, located so far beyond the ranch it is only accessible via teleportation.
The Glass Desert gets its name from the monolithic glass structures that dot its landscape. Resembling prismatic, frozen flames, these glass structures are believed to have been created during a violent solar event, scorching the land and stone into glass. These glass structures are also believed to be the catalyst for the dangerous solar anomalies that regularly occur in the Glass Desert: firestorms that burst from the ground, as if intense heat is desperate to escape the ground below.
But the desert's barren, unforgiving, sometimes violent environment hides a secret: somewhere deep within it lies a memory of what once was, and a means of restoring parts of that memory.
A list of slimes/resources available in the Glass Desert
|Slimes||Pink Slimes, Rock Slimes, Tabby Slimes, Hunter Slimes, Boom Slimes, Quantum Slimes, Puddle Slimes, Gold Slimes, Lucky Slimes, The Tarr, Phosphor Slimes|
|Food||Hen Hen, Roostro, Stony Hen, Pogofruit, Cuberry, Carrot, Heart Beet, Prickle Pear, Silver Parsnip, Painted Hen, Gilded Ginger|
|Exclusive Slime Science Resources||Glass Shard, Silky Sand, Pepper Jam.|
Points of interest
Around the Glass Desert are dried-up fountains which can be reactivated to rejuvinate Oases.
Main article: Fountains
- 1.1.1 - Fixed bug where a teleporter in the desert’s icon could appear on the map before that teleporter was actually available to use.
- 1.0.1 - Map Data Node for The Glass Desert was added behind the Tangle Gordo's tower. Fixed a bug where Oases were reset. Simply water them again with Ancient Water.
- 1.0.1b - Patched the bug where Oases were reset. Any save files that had the Oases were reset, simply water them again.
- 1.0.0 - Added the last area in The Glass Desert along with some of Hobson's notes.
- 0.6.0 - Implemented.
- The Glass Desert appears to be based off of the Libyan Desert, where there are massive amounts of naturally occurring glass in the sand with uncertain origins.
- The glass structures dotted around the desert may also be a reference to fulgurite; glass tubes formed when lightning strikes soil, sand or rock. Fulgurite is sometimes referred to as "petrified lightning", which some of the structures resemble. The Thundering Glass Sculpture decoration in particular heavily references this.
- The achievement Smoke, Fire, and Mirrors was implemented long before The Glass Desert was introduced, making it impossible to legitimately achieve until Update 0.6.0 was released.
- The Meteor Slime was intended to spawn in the desert, was scrapped because the slime wasn't "working" but it is replaced by two slimes. However, it is unknown if it will come back in the future.
- This is the biggest area in the game to be added, surpassing the size of The Ancient Ruins.
- This is the area that houses the most slime varieties, ranging from 15 different kinds of slimes (including The Tarr) overall.
- This is the only area in the game that is not surrounded by The Slime Sea. Instead, it is surrounded by a sea of flowing, golden sand, called the "Sand Sea" by Hobson.
- The Solar Anomalies that periodically occur are the first non-slime recurring hazard in the game.
- The Glass Desert's physical location on the game map is located directly above The Ranch above the skybox; it is "deactivated" until the player is teleported to the Glass Desert.