The Wilds is an area that was introduced Update 1.1.0 as part of Ogden's Wild update. It is accessible through Ogden's Retreat, but one of three working one-way teleporters must be located once in The Wilds which will teleport Beatrix directly back to The Ranch.
The Wilds are an ancient, untamed collection of islands that are home to an enormous population of feral slimes. All of these slimes are largo descendants of saber slimes, one of the oldest known species of slimes.
Ogden Ortiz once explored The Wilds and discovered the rare kookadoba fruit growing within. Since then he has contracted out the dangerous task of collecting these fruits to anyone willing to take on the risk.
A list of slimes/resources available in The Wilds.
|Slimes||Pink Slimes, Rock Slimes, Tabby Slimes, Hunter Slimes, Boom Slimes, Rad Slimes, Phosphor Slimes, The Tarr|
|Food||Hen Hen, Roostro, Stony Hen, Pogofruit, Cuberry, Carrot, Heart Beet, Kookadoba|
|Exclusive Slime Science Resources||None|
- It is recommended to bring a full tank of food before jumping right into the Wilds, in order to calm any feral slimes you encounter.
- Since all slimes that spawn in the Wilds are Largos, it is extremely easy for Tarr outbreaks to happen once plorts are created. Remember to carry a full tank of water!
- There are no gadget spots in The Wilds.
- This means that you cannot place Hydro Turrets, Warp Tech, Taming Bells, or Medical Stations.
- You also cannot place anything else.
- The Wilds were discovered by Ogden Ortiz.
- The Wilds does not have an associated map.
- Prior to release, the roadmap entry for The Wilds stated:
Take a side job working for Ogden Ortiz and explore the Wilds, an untamed island on the Far, Far Range full of primitive, feral slimes! Ogden will offer you unique rewards for collecting the rare kookadoba fruit that grows in the Wilds.
- 1.1.1 - Teleporters from the Wilds now lead to Ogden’s Retreat instead of directly to Beatrix’s Ranch.
- 1.1.0 - Implemented into the game along with the Kookadoba Fruit and Saber Largos.