Water (also referred to as fresh water) can be found in ponds, in small lakes and at water spouts. It is an invaluable resource when traversing the Far, Far Range; however you need the Water Tank upgrade to be able to hold it in your vacpack.
Its primary use is to fight back against The Tarr when they appear. During the night, splashing it once will stop them from being able to reproduce when eating a Slime, and splashing it twice will kill it. However, it destroys tarr instantly during the day, while also having a plethora of alternate uses:
- Puddle Slimes, when immersed in a water bed, consume water to produce Puddle Plorts.
- Immediately destroys Fire Plorts and crystal spikes produced by Crystal Slimes.
- Splashing a Rad Slime will nullify its radiation aura for 20 seconds.
- Splashing a Boom Slime will prevent it from exploding for 20 seconds.
- Splashing a Quantum Slime will nullify their ghost copies and make them unable to teleport for 20 seconds.
- Splashing a Fire Slime will temporarily extinguish its fire.
- Splashing a glint produced by the Mosaic Slime will extinguish it.
- Splashing the Slime directly will also destroy all glints that specific Slime has created.
- Will make slimes slightly less agitated when splashed.
Ancient WaterFountains used to rejuvinate Oases in The Glass Desert.
Main article: Ancient Water.